Who decides the closing date? Generally, the home closing date in the real estate transaction is agreed upon by the buyer and seller, and is often negotiated by their real estate agents, taking into account:
● Buyer and seller availability
● Real estate agent availability
● Searching and clearing title, negotiated repairs, mortgage financing, and document preparation
● Completion of paperwork, wire transfers, and other necessary prerequisites
● Additional factors in the event of multiple closings, absentee buyers or sellers, or lease-back agreements
In addition, the closing date can be impacted by the calendar since weekends and bank holidays can interfere with necessary financial transfers and legal recordings.