Generally, the home closing date in the real estate transaction is agreed upon by the buyer and seller, and is often negotiated by their real estate agents, taking into account:
● Buyer and seller availability
● Real estate agent availability
● Searching and clearing title, negotiated repairs, mortgage financing, and document preparation
● Completion of paperwork, wire transfers, and other necessary prerequisites
● Additional factors in the event of multiple closings, absentee buyers or sellers, or lease-back agreements
In addition, the closing date can be impacted by the calendar since weekends and bank holidays can interfere with necessary financial transfers and legal recordings.